Confused about which programming language to learn? Which will pay more? Read this guide on top 10 highly paid programming languages to learn in 2019… Majority of the world population is somehow connected to some technology in a way. Computers are not mere calculating machines nowadays. They are now being trained to become intelligent, to think like humans. This article deals in top 10 highly programming languages.
The application of information technology has evolved so much that now they are applied from an air conditioner to an automobile.
Most of the human activities are being recorded digitally like exercises, shopping, travelling etc.
Each activity generates data and programming languages are the best tools to manage, handle and extract information from the data.
There are two vital components of information technology, hardware and software.
Memory, processing unit, display unit are counted as hardware whereas the logic programmed on the device according to which a system works is called the software.
Hardware makes a software capable of performing the desired function. Both are vital for the efficient working of a system.
Technology is advancing at a rapid pace. Hardware development and software development are complimenting each other concerning optimization, precision and speed.
Softwares are written using programming languages. There are myriad of programming languages with distinct characteristics.
If you’re someone who belongs to the field of information technology and works on developing logics using a programming language, then you should be aware of the most highly paid computer programming languages.
Skin through the list of the top ten highly paid programming languages that you should learn in 2019 which is given below:
Before discussing all the top ten highly paid programming languages that you should learn in 2019 in detail, let us explore the aspects of programming languages which are most desirable.
Aspects of Programming languages
Here we go:
- Simplicity: A programming language should be simple and easy to learn. The primary aim of creating a programming language is to ease the work of human beings as it represents code in a human-readable language. The language compiler converts the code into a machine-readable form.
- Glossary: Whatever the keywords a programming language uses should have some sort of resemblance to the actual meaning of the words in human language for example ‘int’ is used in many languages to represent the integer datatype. In real terms integers are numbers. Hence, it makes convenient for the learner.
- Functions: Writing the same piece of code to perform a trivial function again and again for every program is not smart to work. A programming language is intelligent if it has common functions in its library. Thus a programmer gets the help of the library and reduces unnecessary work.
- Application: A programming language has to deal with a trade-off between performance and ease of use. The trade-off determines its application in various sphere of technical domains like web applications, server handling, automation etc.
- Consistency: A good set of syntax and semantics make a programming language consistent. It should be free from ambiguity.
- The Graphical User Interface (GUI): A programmer gets an interface to interact with the machine. A programming language too has a graphical user interface which acts as a platform for a programmer on which she can write code. Highlighted keywords, visible line numbers, the position of the cursor are a few desirable properties of a GUI.
- Memory: Optimal usage of resources such as power, memory, time etc. is one of the desired properties of an algorithm. A programming language is responsible for the allocation of memory. Desired output with minimal usage of memory makes a program fast.
- Platform independent: There are a lot of devices and gadgets which perform similar tasks. Hence, a functional programming language should be compatible with all such platforms. It is better to use one language for all platforms than to create interfaces for different languages for interoperability.
- Abstraction: Language should make the work of the coder easy by hiding the complex functionalities. A higher level of abstraction may cause lower efficiency. Thus a balance should be maintained between the two.
- Integrated Development Environment (IDE): If a programming language platform is clean and equipped with all necessary tools, then it makes the job of the programmer a lot easy. For example, if a GUI helps a programmer in identifying an error in specific lines of code, then the programmer can save a lot of time while writing the code.
- Object-Oriented Language: Information hiding, inheritance, dynamic binding are some of the advanced and convenient features of an object-oriented language. Hence, object-oriented language is always better than a procedural language.
Top 10 Highly Paid Programming Languages to Learn in 2019
Since now you know the most sought characteristics of a programming language, it would be easier for you to identify whether a programming language can sustain in the market or not.
Let us now consider each item of the list of top ten highly paid programming languages to learn in 2019.
Note:The article doesn’t discuss average salaries concerning the programming languages as the salary depends on a lot of factors like place of work, company, project etc.
The list contains programming languages which are highly paid as compared to other languages. Moreover, you should focus on developing skills in these languages for better future prospects in 2019.
Java is a concurrent, class-based, object-oriented programming language.
It is developed on the principle of “write once, run anywhere” (WORA). WORA means that a developer need not recompile the code to run on a different system.
Bytecode is generated on a compilation of Java programs that can run only on Java Virtual Machine (JVM), and it is compatible with all computer architectures.
Initially developed by James Gosling at Sun Microsystems and later the rights of the language were acquired by the Oracle Corporation.
Java gained popularity and space in the market of programming languages parallel to the success of the Android operating system worldwide.
The bytecode which gets generated using Android SDK is different from regular Java bytecode. Therefore, it runs on its own virtual machine instead of JVM.
But, Android SDK supports a large set of Java features.
Hence, the demand of excellent Java developers is too high at the moment.
Android holds the largest share among the operating systems used in smartphones all over the world; it is going to stay here for some time.
Every engineering graduate works on C language. The mother of all modern programming languages of the modern era.
Developed by Dennis Ritchie between 1969 and 1973 at Bell Laboratories. The primary aim of creating C was to re-implement Unix operating system.
Though C is an imperative language and not an object-oriented language, still it is highly flexible and powerful.
C has been standardized by American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and International Standards Organisation (ISO). That’s why it has a vast domain of implementation.
Most of the kernels of the operating systems are written in C. C is also actively used in embedded systems.
The range of its application exists from handheld microcontrollers to building-sized supercomputers.
Get hold of the C language, and you can find a high paid job easily in the market.
In the year 2000, Microsoft came out with the concept of Common Language Infrastructure (CLI).
It aimed at solving the problem of writing codes in different languages for the same function for various architectures.
C# (pronounced as C-Sharp) was developed as a CLI compliant language which was standardised by European Computer Manufacturers Association (ECMA) and ISO.
Though C# has no direct competition with C the implementation domain is the same as that of C language.
C# can be used for small embedded systems to high computing systems. What makes C-sharp a useful language? Its creator, Microsoft.
As Android is ruling smartphone operating system market share, Microsoft Windows sits high up in the charts of the desktop operating system used worldwide.
The wide use of applications over Windows, games over XBox, ASP on web pages makes C-Sharp a programming language that you should learn to make a better career in software development.
If a programming language used 50 lines of code to do a specific task ,then Python might take 20 lines.
That’s the beauty of Python as a programming language. Easy to learn and powerful at implementation.
Python supports multiple programming paradigms like procedural, object-oriented, imperative etc.
It was developed by Guido Van Rossum and first released in 1991.
Python is a minimalistic language which scaps using of excessive identifiers and wise-use of white-spaces which enhances code readability.
Python has its application from the web to high computational applications of data sciences with the support of vast library functions. Reddit is entirely based on Python.
Python has revolutionized the coding environment and redefined the simplicity and readability of code. You should learn python to stay in the race of software developers.
Big tech companies have made their own standards of technology. Like Microsoft developed C-Sharp under its hood for Windows and most of its applications.
Apple used Objective-C to build iOS and MacOS for its devices.
Objective-C was created primarily by Brad Cox and Tom Love in the early 1980s. Apple is the most valuable company on the planet as of now.
Also, Apple products are high in price, and the community is rich to pay for such products.
An objective-c compiler can also compile a regular C program. Hence, Objective-C can be termed as a superset of the C language.
If you want to target the high paying consumers of Apple and develop API or applications for iOS or MacOS, then Objective-C is the language you should start learning.
Computer processors have evolved into multi-core processors. Each core is capable of performing calculations concurrent to other cores of the processor.
Thus, a multi-core architecture enhances the efficiency of a computer.
But, conventional programming languages don’t make use of all the cores at a time.
Remember, multi-threading is not parallel computing. Go is a programming language which targets the benefits of parallel computing.
The Go programming language is designed by Google and was first appeared in 2009.
Moore’s law is failing, and processor makers are relying on multi-core architecture, high cache memories and system-on-chip technologies to improve hardware capabilities.
Optimization techniques are equally vital on the software side. Hence, a need for a programming language which can use all cores of the processors efficiently arises.
Go is the answer. Learning Golang in 2019 would be a futuristic decision.
Another language which is dedicated to the Apple community and its production environment is Swift programming language.
It is developed by Apple for iOS, MacOS, watchOS, tvOS, Linux and z/OS.
Swift replaces the high dependency of Apple developers on Objective-C. It is fairly a new programming language which appeared in 2014.
To develop applications for Apple devices, you must learn Swift. Undoubtedly Apple developers are one of the highest paid software engineers in the world.
“Time Data is money.”
Data analytics, data science, big data, data mining prove that raw data is a form of information if treated well.
R programming language is an implementation of S programming language which is designed to create statistical software.
R is supported by a wide range of libraries containing statistical and graphical functions. A programming language becomes popular when it is available for free.
Consequently, a free programming language builds a huge community of users which help in refinement and further development of the language.
R is completely free as compared to other statistical programming languages such as SAS, SPSS and Stata. You should learn R if you’re looking to make a career in the field of data analytics.
It is very crucial for a programming language that its usage and applications should address a wider public to sustain in the market.
Kotlin is an alternative to Java compiler for the Android, accepted by Google.
Hence, it will not be wrong to mention that Kotlin is used to develop Android application alongside Java.
The best features of Kotlin are that it uses JVM, can be compiled to JavaScipt and also runs on LLVM compiler infrastructure (used by Swift programming language developed by Apple).
Kotlin first appeared in 2011, developed by a team called JetBrains based in Russia. Many newly developed Android applications are adopting it as the base language.
You should learn Kotlin and add to your portfolio as a distinct but promising language.
A language programmer which is tough to find is always paid higher than regular language programmer.
A programming language only determines the opportunities available in the market of information technology.
It doesn’t guarantee specific earnings. Remember, the ability to solve a problem make you a highly paid programmer irrespective of the language you work upon.
These were some the the highly paid programming languages.